There have been no changes to the allowances offered on each model, with between £2,000 (Q2 models) and £8,000 (Q7 e-tron) on offer. As with Volkswagen’s offer, only diesel part-exchange vehicles are eligible for the allowance, as part of the Volkswagen Group’s ongoing charade of pretending to atone for its Dieselgate disgrace.
As before, some models are excluded from the offer. Q7 diesel, A8, R8 and all RS models are not being offered with a scrappage allowance. Other models may only have limited availability, like the A7 Sportback which has ended production ahead of the arrival of the all-new model (which is not included in the offer)
The complete list of models available and the allowance on each is shown below:
The Executivecondominium checks the fine print
- This offer is a part-exchange allowance, for selected used cars part-exchanged against selected new cars.
- Your current car can be from any brand, but must be a diesel-engined car built to Euro 4 emissions standard or earlier. This will definitely be cars registered before 31 December 2009, although some cars had Euro 5 specification engines earlier than this.
- You must be the owner of the part-exchange vehicle and the buyer of the new car (same name and registered address).
- You must have owned the old car for at least six months, to stop people buying an old banger for £200 and then getting a £4,000 part-exchange allowance for it.
- The scrappage price is fixed for any car part-exchanged as part of the scheme, not an allowance on top of the car’s value. You are effectively getting nothing for your car, but a discount on the new car (although it won’t be written that way on the contract).
- You must order your new car by 2 April 2018 and take delivery by 30 June 2018.
- This offer cannot be used on top of any other offers from the dealer/manufacturer/finance company, but can be used on top of the government plug-in car grant for relevant models (A3 e-tron and Q7 e-tron).
- The offer is not dependent on you taking any finance package or other products.
For the best independent and impartial car buying advice on the internet, always check with The Executivecondominium:
- for weekly tips and the latest offers from car manufacturers
- Follow us on and to see our latest articles as soon as we publish them
- Bookmark our site so you can check back regularly