• Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Buying a car with HPI check outstanding motability finance

Home Forums Buying a Car Buying a car with HPI check outstanding motability finance

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Sarah

I have arranged for a car to be moved to a closer dealership for me too view with Evans Halshaw. (I have since read some bad reviews about adding extras to the final price and servicing cars. I am prepared to question adding extras and I will only ever use my local garage to maintain my car as I have always been happy with their work) So I am happy to go view the car but I have done a HPI check on the car which shows outstanding motability finance taken out in September 2014 for 36months and a unit stock outstanding finance. Google searches assure me the unit stock finance is standard for dealers and will be sorted by the dealer on sale of the car (I will ask them for this in writing) My concern is the outstanding motability finance, would Evans Halshaw have checked this before stocking the car surely they could not sell a car with outstanding finance? Any advice on this, anyone I should I cant find a number for Motabilty and there is no number on the report for them. The car is within my budget and obviously dependent on viewing I would like to buy it but this has got me worried.

• #128060 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Sarah. If the finance was taken out for 36 months in September 2014 then it should have been concluded and cleared by now.

The dealer should be able to sort this out for you if they want to sell you the car. If there genuinely is any outstanding finance from the Motability scheme, they won’t be able to sell you the car anyway. However, these things sometimes slip through cracks so make sure you push the dealership and don’t let them get away with vague assurances.

Editor, TheCarExpert.co.uk and

http://topobzor.info

www.best-products.reviews

майнинг ферма