• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Cancelling car finance and vehicle order (distance sale)

Home Forums Buying a Car Cancelling car finance and vehicle order (distance sale)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Paul

Hello,
    Recently I recently ordered a used vehicle from a main dealer located a fair few hours away from my home address, this was all done via telephone/.
    Following negotiations the vehicle order was placed and a delivery date set. This was agreed at my request for it to be approximately 28 days after ordering.
    My personal circumstances somewhat changed a day prior to the agreed delivery date. I have phoned the finance company who have no problem with the dealership cancelling the finance for the vehicle as it is within 14 days of the agreement being executed.
    The dealership have stated that they will now seek to recover the costs as follows:

1) The vehicle was collected from the dealership by a representative from their company a day prior to me cancelling the order, who had driven in a short distance to a secure compound for delivery in a few days. I can’t see how I can be to blame for the cost (if any) to the dealership as it was there decision to move the vehicle and I subsequently cancelled the delivery 24hrs in advance?
    2) The depreciation of the vehicle for the extremely short time it was taken off general sale.
    3) The cost to readvertise it for sale.

Having looked at the legislation behind this am I right in thinking I should not be liable for any of the above costs, even if there has been ever such a slight financial loss to the dealership and inconvenience. It states that had I paid a deposit (which I didn’t) then I would have been entitled to a full refund regardless.

Any help or advice is much appreciated

Thanks

• #138491 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Paul. In a distance (off-premises) sale, there’s nothing they can do. They can send threatening letters, abuse you over the phone or whatever else they like, but that’s the law.

Editor, TheCarExpert.co.uk and

rikon-ya.com/cost.html

ковры с длинным ворсом киев

ковровые дорожки интернет магазин