• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Delayed repair from main VW dealer (4 months)

Home Forums Any Other Business Delayed repair from main VW dealer (4 months)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Graham

Hi, I’m looking for some advice if possible.
    I purchased a VW Touareg from a well-known Car Supermarket in October 2017 (less than a year old so plenty of warranty left).
    In February 2018 it developed a water ingress fault and was taken to the main dealer under warranty (not where I bought it).
    The dealership has now had the car for 11 weeks as although they state they have fixed the issue, they cannot get replacement carpets which were destroyed as part of the fault. Apparently there are none available in the UK or Germany and estimated dates come and go.
    The latest date provided is the end of May meaning they will have had my car for 4 months! (Longer than I have had it!)
    Everything is very amicable currently but given the fact I have been told VW will not request replacement carpets for the Touareg until they get sufficient orders, I believe the next estimated date will pass by without resolution.
    I have now (via VW customer services) requested that VW purchase the car from me for a fair price as I have lost confidence and am not willing to wait any longer.
    I have spoken to Citizens Advice who have quoted “Consumer Rights Act 2015”, specifically “Not satisfactory quality” and “repair or replace” due to unreasonable time etc.
    What are my rights and what should my expectations be here?

• #131523 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Graham. You are still in your six-month window for rejecting the car under the Consumer Rights Act, as you have effectively only owned the car for about four months (any time where the dealer has your car doesn’t count towards your ownership period for the purposes of the Act).

If the dealer can’t fix the car, you should be able to reject it. However, it may be a bit grey and you’re probably best to speak to a lawyer about it – or at least discuss further with Citizens Advice.

When you reject a car after the first 30 days but before six months, the dealer is entitled to one chance to fix the car AFTER your notice of intention to reject. Exactly how this would be determined in your case is not that clear-cut, since the dealer already has the car and is simply waiting on the parts. Hence the recommendation to speak to a lawyer.

Editor, TheCarExpert.co.uk and

http://renault.niko.ua

www.babyforyou.org/cn/zakonodatelstvo/

wowstyle.com.ua