Deposit non-refundable on a car I've never seen?

Home Forums Buying a Car Deposit non-refundable on a car I've never seen?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    John

Hello, I saw a car on Autotrader and as I work, I could not see the car during the opening ours of the dealership.
    I asked them over the phone if they would accept a lower price and they said yes, then they asked me to pay a deposit.
    I was never informed the deposit is not refundable.

My question is, how can the deposit be non-refundable if I never had a chance to see the car, test-drive it etc?

Can I get the deposit back if I do not like the car when I see it? Or would it be better to not even go to their forecourt to have a better chance of getting the deposit back and pull off from the deal? I am just worried about the fact they were not honest with me about this, they never informed me the deposit is not refundable and now they say they did, which makes me think what other things are they dishonest about?

Thank you,
    John

• #66052 Reply
    John

I should also mention it is a used car, a used car dealer and I never seen the car other than on Autotrader.
    The deposit is just £100, however, I feel they are dishonest saying they told me “a million times” the deposit is non-refundable when in fact they never mentioned this.
    I think they should have asked me for my at least and send me their terms and conditions. Just saying hey we informed you, when I am 100% sure they didn’t as I would have never accepted to pay the deposit, doesn’t help.

If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate.

• #66066 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi John. Yes, your deposit is wholly refundable as the ‘sale’ was made without you seeing the car or setting foot in the dealership. Please have a read of this article about for more information.

https://citroen.niko.ua

Buy Peg MGF online

www.sribnapidkova.ua