• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

manufacturers media units with Bluetooth multipoint

Home Forums Buying a Car manufacturers media units with Bluetooth multipoint

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Alex

Hi Guys,
    I will be buying a new/nearly new car for work/personal use shortly & I am looking to see if anyone knows if any of the manufacturers in-built media units come with Bluetooth multipoint (i.e. the ability to have 2 phones connected simultaneously). Like most people nowadays, I have a business & personal mobile & want the ability to have both connected simultaneously so I can receive/make calls on both (most likely the odd personal call with music streaming from personal phone & constant business calls on the other).
    To be honest, I am not overly fussed about the car I get, but this sort of thing is a necessity.
    I am fairly certain that a hired car (ford focus) I had recently while away on business had this. I’m 99% certain that a pop-up showed that it disconnected my work phone when it ran out of battery while I was listening to music from my personal phone. However, a friend who works in sales for a car dealer & has a new focus said that it didn’t have that facility.
    Thanks in advance for any responses.

• #86694 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Alex. Most of the ones I have seen from different manufacturers will recognise several different phones, although only one can be paired at a time. Each works differently in prioritising which phone is connected at any time, so you would have to read up on how to prioritise whichever phone is more important.

If you are buying a used car, you also need to make sure you delete any existing phone pairings – firstly because they take up space and your car may only allow a few pairings, and secondly because you no longer want someone else’s phone paired to your car.

Editor, TheCarExpert.co.uk and

www.topobzor.info

У нашей организации популярный интернет-сайт про направление Аккумуляторы Varta цена аккумуляторы varta
оборудование для кроссфита купить