• Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

RAC and voided warranty

Home Forums Buying a Car RAC and voided warranty

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Stef d

I bought a car for £1,400 nearly 3 months ago. I got a 3-month engine and gearbox warranty with it.

Last week the clutch was slipping. I called the RAC who test drove and diagnosed the clutch fault. They then told me to drive it home (he admitted he should have towed from the start) and they would follow.

After 0.5mi the clutch totally failed and the engine failed (timing belt broken). The garage I originally bought from now say it’s down to the RAC as they made me drive it with a fault, The RAC are saying parts were already broken (they weren’t)and it’s not down to them.

I agree clutch was worn, but not fully damaged and the engine/belts were working. I am trying to get the service history from the dealer as they didn’t give it yet stated full service history

Any advice please?

• #137002 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Stef. You’re going to need an independent appraisal of the faults to back up any claim from either the dealer or the RAC.

A clutch is a wear-and-tear part, so it’s often not covered by used car warranties. There’s also no guarantee that the clutch failing is also the cause of the timing belt failing and damaging the engine, so you will need to properly establish the fault(s) so you know who you should be taking action against.

Editor, TheCarExpert.co.uk and

steroid-pharm.com

В интеренете нашел авторитетный сайт , он описывает в статьях про дизайн кофейни http://tsoydesign.com.ua
шины bridgestone купить