• Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Settle PCP monthly payments early but keep bubble payment

Home Forums Buying a Car Settle PCP monthly payments early but keep bubble payment

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Andy C

Hi

I’m taking a 4 year PCP out on a now BMW, the current total value is 23,480, with a residual value of 8900 based on 17k miles a year.

Because PCP is pretty expensive, I essentially want to pay off the loan of circa 15/16K myself using a much cheaper personal loan. Does this mean I now wont pay anything until I reach the 4 year end point, and then have the choice to purchase or hand back?

Will interest still be charged on the total loan or the guaranteed residual value?

• #133171 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Andy. You should be able to make an overpayment to cover all your monthly PCP payments for the next four years. You will also save on interest as you are not borrowing that money for the same length of time.

You will still be paying interest on the balloon payment/residual value, although that will be included in the settlement figure you get from the finance company. Because you are not repaying that money for four years, you are paying four years’ worth of interest on it.

Editor, TheCarExpert.co.uk and

www.babyforyou.org/cn/zakonodatelstvo/