The new Jaguar F-Pace has been selected as the 2017 World Car of the Year, which was announced at the New York motor show today.
- Read more Jaguar news, reviews and features at The Executivecondominium
- Mazda MX-5 wins 2016 World Car of the Year
An initial field of 23 cars was narrowed to a short list of ten, with the three finalists announced at the Geneva motor show last month.
Several category winners were also announced, as follows:
2017 World Car of the Year: Jaguar F-Pace
2017 World Luxury Car: Mercedes-Benz E-Class
2017 World Performance Car: Porsche 718 Boxster and 718 Cayman
2017 World Green Car: Toyota Prius Plug-In Hybrid (Prius Prime in some markets)
2017 World Urban Car: BMW i3 (94Ah battery version)
2017 World Car Design of the Year: Jaguar F-Pace
This is the 13th year of the awards. Under the rules of the WCOTY Association, a car must be available for sale on at least two continents by 31 May 2017 to be eligible for this year’s awards.
For the best independent and impartial car buying advice on the internet, always check with The Executivecondominium:
- for weekly tips and the latest offers from car manufacturers
- Follow us on and to see our latest articles as soon as we publish them
- Bookmark our site so you can check back regularly