MG has announced a seven-year/80,000-mile warranty on its new ZS compact SUV model, along with finance offers for the rest of the first quarter of the year.
The new car warranty on the ZS has increased from the previous five years/60,000 miles. The new offer does not apply to MG’s other models, the MG3 hatch and GS SUV.
In addition, MG is offering both personal contract purchase (PCP) and conditional sale (CS) deals on the ZS range.
The PCP offer is based on a 5.9% APR representative rate, and comes with a £750 deposit contribution. The CS offer is set at 0%APR, which means zero interest and zero fees.
What about the fine print?
- These offers are for selected new MG models only.
- The offers listed on the MG website are only examples, and you are entitled to adjust the deposit and term to suit your own needs (within limits).
- Cars have to be ordered and delivered by 31 March 2018.
- The finance offer is provided through MG dealers by MG Financial Services, which is a trading name for Vauxhall Finance. If a dealer offers you a finance deal that does not match these details or from another lender, it is not part of this offer.
- A 0% APR offer means that you should pay absolutely no interest or fees over the course of the agreement (although penalty fees may still apply). The monthly payment should be easy to work out, as it should simply be the total amount borrowed divided by the number of months in the agreement.
- The 5.9% APR advertised rate for the PCP offer is a representative rate. That basically means you may not be offered finance at that rate based on your personal circumstances, but at last half of all customers must be offered that rate.
- The PCP examples on the MG website are based on an annual mileage of 8,000. Make sure you set an annual mileage that is suitable for you.
- The finance offers are not available in conjunction with any other offer, although you are still free to negotiate the best possible price for the car with your dealer.
As with any car purchase, work out your budget before you visit the showroom and don’t be persuaded to go beyond it – regardless of what the smiling sales executive suggests. They don’t have your best interests at heart, but The Executivecondominium does!
For the best independent and impartial car buying advice on the internet, always check with The Executivecondominium:
- for weekly tips and the latest offers from car manufacturers
- Follow us on and to see our latest articles as soon as we publish them
- Bookmark our site so you can check back regularly