Nissan has extended its part-exchange allowance offer on a number of its models until early April.
Unlike most brands’ scrappage schemes, the Nissan ‘Switch’ offer gives owners of older cars an extra £1,000 or £2,000 towards a new Nissan (depending on model) over and above their part-exchange value.
The offer is only available on certain Nissan models, rather than the whole range. If you are looking for a new Micra, Juke, Qashqai or X-Trail, you’re in luck. For everything else in the range, you miss out.
For the four models above, entry-level Acenta specifications get a £1,000 allowance, while higher-spec models like N-Connecta, Tekna and Tekna+ enjoy a £2,000 allowance.
The money is on the table for any part-exchange vehicle originally registered before 31 December 2009. The allowance can be used in conjunction with Nissan finance offers on those vehicles, which provides anywhere between £1,000 (Micra) and £2,500 (X-Trail) of additional deposit contribution. So if you’re buying a new X-Trail on a PCP, you can get a total of £4,500 off the sticker price.
Nissan is also continuing its unique part-exchange allowance on used Nissan Leaf models. This consists of a £1,000 allowance for eligible part-exchange vehicles and a further £1,000 deposit contribution on Nissan Finance PCP agreements.
What about the fine print? We check out the details
- This offer is an allowance over and above your car’s part-exchange value, for selected used cars part-exchanged against selected new cars.
- Your current car can be from any brand, but the first registration date (as shown on your V5C registration logbook) must be no later than 31 December 2009.
- You must be the owner of the part-exchange vehicle and the buyer of the new car (same name and registered address).
- You must have owned the old car for at least 90 days, to stop people buying an old banger for £200 and then getting a £2,000 part-exchange allowance for it.
- You must order your new car and take delivery by 2 April 2018.
- This offer can be used on top of most other offers from the dealer/manufacturer/finance company.
- The part-exchange offer is not dependent on you taking any finance package or other products, although there is additional money available if you do take selected finance packages.