Renault has launched new discounts and finance offers on its Twingo and Clio models to coincide with the new 18-plate registrations that start today.
The Twingo range has seen prices reduced by up to £2,400. Unusually these days, the discounts are not dependent on taking a finance agreement. The range now starts at £8,495 on-road for the Twingo Expression SCe 70 model, which is a £1,500 drop on the normal RRP of £9,995.
There are no cash discounts on the Renault Clio range, but the entry-level Play model is available with a 0% APR on a four-year PCP agreement with nearly £2,000 in deposit contribution. It is being advertised at £159/month, although this is based on 6,000 miles a year (see our analysis of the fine print below).
The rest of the Clio range, as well as the Twingo, is available with a 4.9% APR PCP finance agreement. These offers come with significantly better deposit contributions in order to keep the monthly payments down.
Looking at the Renault website, the difference between the 0% and 4.9% PCP offers on the Clio Play are minimal. Essentially, Renault is boosting the deposit contribution to cover the interest, meaning your payments are exactly the same. In fact, the 4.9% offer is possibly better as it has a more beneficial voluntary termination point…
What’s in the fine print?
- These offers are for selected new Renault models only.
- Finance provided by Renault Finance. UK residents only (excluding the Channel Islands). Over 18s only.
- A 0% APR offer means that you should pay absolutely no interest or fees over the course of the agreement (although penalty fees may still apply).
- The annual mileages shown on the website examples are all set at 6,000. This is less than most drivers average per year, so make sure you are choosing an annual mileage allowance that suits your needs.
- The excess mileage on the PCP packages is 8p/mile. That’s £80 for every 1,000 miles you go over your limit, so make sure you allow yourself enough mileage when setting up the finance agreement. The fee only applies if you are giving the car back and claiming the guaranteed future value (GFV).
- Offers cannot be used with other schemes or finance offers.
- Cars have to be ordered by 31st March 2018 and registered by 30th June 2018.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Renault UK promotion.
- The finance offers are provided through Renault dealers by Renault Finance. If a dealer offers you a finance deal that does not match these details or from another lender, it is not part of this offer.
As with any car purchase, work out your budget before you visit the showroom and don’t be persuaded to go beyond it – regardless of what the smiling sales executive suggests. They don’t have your best interests at heart, but The Executivecondominium does!
For the best independent and impartial car buying advice on the internet, always check with The Executivecondominium:
- for weekly tips and the latest offers from car manufacturers
- Follow us on and to see our latest articles as soon as we publish them
- Bookmark our site so you can check back regularly