Renault has joined the rush of manufacturers offering scrappage schemes to coincide with the new 67-plate registrations that commenced today.
Like most of the other offers already announced, Renault is offering a £2,000 allowance for any Euro 4 (or older) part-exchange vehicles against selected new Renault models.
The offer is available to any part-exchange vehicle, unlike some rivals which are only accepting diesel cars under their schemes. All of the vehicles part-exchanged under the Renault scrappage scheme will be scrapped rather than re-sold.
The £2,000 scrappage offer applies to Renault Clio, Captur, Megane, Scenic and Kadjar models. Vans are also included in the offer, which we are covering over at our sister site, The Van Expert. Twingo, Twizy, Zoe and Koleos models are not included in the scheme.
The scrappage allowance (which replaces a normal part-exchange valuation) is able to be used in conjunction with existing offers, meaning possible savings of over £5,000 on a new Kadjar, for example.
The Executivecondominium checks the fine print
- This offer is a part-exchange allowance, for selected used cars part-exchanged against selected new cars.
- Your current car can be from any brand, but must be built to Euro 4 emissions standard or earlier. This will definitely be cars built no later than 2010, although some cars had Euro 5 specification engines earlier than this.
- You must be the owner of the part-exchange vehicle and the buyer of the new car (same name and registered address).
- You must have owned the old car for at least 90 days, to stop people buying an old banger for £200 and then getting a £2,000 part-exchange allowance for it.
- The scrappage price is fixed for any car part-exchanged as part of the scheme, not an allowance on top of the car’s value. You are effectively getting nothing for your car, but a discount on the new car (although it won’t be written that way on the contract).
- Dates have not yet been issued by Renault, but most rival offers run until 31 December 2017. We will update this information as soon as we have it.
- This offer can be used on top of any other offers from the dealer/manufacturer/finance company.
- The offer is not dependent on you taking any finance package or other products.
For the best independent and impartial car buying advice on the internet, always check with The Executivecondominium:
- for weekly tips and the latest offers from car manufacturers
- Follow us on and to see our latest articles as soon as we publish them
- Bookmark our site so you can check back regularly