Suzuki has announced a range of new PCP finance offers across its model range.
The best deals are on the Suzuki Swift and Vitara ranges, which benefit from 0% interest-free finance on a personal contract purchase (PCP). All other models are offered with a 5.9% APR representative (which is nothing to get too excited about), although Baleno and S-Cross models have deposit contributions of up to £2,500 available for finance customers, while Ignis and Celerio customers get free insurance and servicing if they take out the finance offer. The finance offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, like Suzuki’s scrappage scheme that has just been extended.
On Suzuki Swift and Vitara models, the PCP offer is 0% APR, which means no interest and no fees. There is no minimum deposit required, although obviously the more you put in up-front, the less you will have to pay each month.
The Baleno range has deposit contributions of either £1,500 or £2,000 on selected models, if taken with a PCP that is offered at 5.9% APR representative. S-Cross models. The interest and fees will probably account for about £1,500, so the discount offered up front is then clawed back over the next 3-4 years.
Similarly, S-Cross models are offered with a £2,500 deposit contribution in conjunction with a PCP. Again, the 5.9% APR representative interest rate means that you will probably pay back about £2,000 in interest and fees by the end of the agreement.
Celerio and Ignis models get three years’ free servicing and 12 months’ free insurance (assuming you’re over 21 and have a clean licence with no recent insurance claims) if you’re taking PCP finance at 5.9% APR representative. Again, bear in mind that you will probably be paying somewhere from £1,000 to £1,500 in interest over the course of the agreement, so you’ll need to compare other insurance and servicing quotes to decide how much you would really be saving.
The Executivecondominium examines the fine print
- These personal contract purchase (PCP) finance offers are for selected new Suzuki models only.
- The offers listed on the Suzuki website are only examples, and you are entitled to adjust the deposit and annual mileage to suit your own needs (within limits).
- The annual mileages shown on the website examples are all set at 8,000. This is a bit less than most drivers average per year, so make sure you are choosing an annual mileage allowance that suits your needs.
- The excess mileage on the PCP packages is up to 14p/mile. That’s £140 for every 1,000 miles you go over your limit, so make sure you allow yourself enough mileage when setting up the finance agreement. The fee only applies if you are giving the car back and claiming the guaranteed future value (GFV). HP customers do not need to worry about excess mileage.
- Cars have to be ordered and delivered by 31 December 2017.
- The deposit contribution cannot be used in conjunction with any other advertised offer, like the Suzuki scrappage scheme.
- The finance offers are provided through Suzuki dealers by Suzuki Financial Services. If a dealer offers you a finance deal that does not match these details or from another lender, it is not part of this offer.
As with any car purchase, work out your budget before you visit the showroom and – regardless of what the smiling sales executive suggests. They don’t have your best interests at heart, but The Executivecondominium does!