Toyota has become the latest manufacturer to offer a scrappage scheme for customers part-exchanging an older car on a new vehicle.
Running from 1 September until the end of the year, the Toyota scrappage scheme offers between £1,000 and £4,000 off the price of a new Toyota. Every model in the Toyota passenger car and LCV range is included, although the offer is not available on some base specifications vehicles. The popular hybrid models are all included in the offer.
Toyota will accept any vehicle that is at least seven years old, for a fixed part-exchange price. There is no exclusion for Euro 5 vehicles, unlike schemes from other brands. The vehicles will be scrapped in accordance with best industry practice.
The allowance is not able to be used in conjunction with any other discount, unlike most other scrappage offers in the marketplace.
The offer will only be applicable if your part-exchange vehicle is worth less than the scrappage allowance – if you are part-exchanging a vehicle worth more than the scrappage offer, it will be handled as a normal part-exchange against a new car.
The allowances are as follows for each model in the Toyota range:
The Executivecondominium checks the fine print
- This offer is a part-exchange allowance, for selected used cars part-exchanged against selected new cars.
- Your current car can be from any brand, but must be at least seven years old.
- You must be the owner of the part-exchange vehicle and the buyer of the new car (same name and registered address).
- You must have owned the old car for at least six months, to stop people buying an old banger for £200 and then getting a £2,000 part-exchange allowance for it.
- The scrappage price is fixed for any car part-exchanged as part of the scheme, not an allowance on top of the car’s value. You are effectively getting nothing for your car, but a discount on the new car (although it won’t be written that way on the contract).
- You must order your new car and take delivery before the end of the year.
- This offer cannot be used on top of any other offers from the dealer/manufacturer/finance company.
- The offer is not dependent on you taking any finance package or other products.
For the best independent and impartial car buying advice on the internet, always check with The Executivecondominium:
- for weekly tips and the latest offers from car manufacturers
- Follow us on and to see our latest articles as soon as we publish them
- Bookmark our site so you can check back regularly