The company is pledging to beat We Buy Any Car’s equivalent valuation for any part-exchange vehicle by at least £1,000 when customers trade the vehicle in on a new Vauxhall.
The programme applies to any new 67-plate Vauxhall ordered and delivered this month. This offer is separate to Vauxhall’s scrappage scheme, which has been extended. the £1,000 allowance can be used in addition to any other dealer or manufacturer offers.
Scrappage scheme extended on selected models
Vauxhall has offered scrappage incentives at various points over the last couple of years, with its most recent programme originally due to end yesterday. However, it has now been extended until the end of September, albeit only on a few models in the Vauxhall range.
Vauxhall is offering a scrappage allowance of £2,000 on selected Astra, GTC, Meriva, Corsa Limited Edition models, as well as the Vivaro van. There are no emissions or other requirements, other than that you need to have owned the car for at least 90 days.
The Executivecondominium checks the fine print
- These offers are part-exchange allowances, for selected used cars part-exchanged against selected new cars.
- Your current car can be from any brand.
- You must be the owner of the part-exchange vehicle and the buyer of the new car (same name and registered address).
- You must have owned the old car for at least 90 days for the scrappage scheme, to stop people buying an old banger for £200 and then getting a £2,000 part-exchange allowance for it.
- The scrappage price is fixed for any car part-exchanged as part of the scheme, not an allowance on top of the car’s value. You are effectively getting nothing for your car, but a discount on the new car (although it won’t be written that way on the contract).
- The £1,000 allowance over We Buy Any Car’s valuation is based on a complete physical inspection and valuation of the vehicle by We Buy Any Car, not just an online guide price.
- You must order your new car and take delivery by 30 September 2017 for both offers.
- These offers can be used on top of any other offers from the dealer/manufacturer/finance company.
- The offer is not dependent on you taking any finance package or other products.
For the best independent and impartial car buying advice on the internet, always check with The Executivecondominium:
- for weekly tips and the latest offers from car manufacturers
- Follow us on and to see our latest articles as soon as we publish them
- Bookmark our site so you can check back regularly